Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A1549 LTE

Hi. I'm Sai Manohar I have purchased iPhone 6 from USA. It is an unlocked version the model is A1549 ( running on software version iOS 8.1.3.

I have visited Airtel & they have provided me with a Nano SIM of 128k. No where the SIM displays LTE. The phone does not pick up LTE Signals of Airtel. It only picks up an E or 3G even in the areas of Bangalore with LTE Signals.

How to get over this concern?? Please suggest...

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 4:13 AM

Since your phone has been bought in the USA, the LTE band might not work in your country, check this article:

https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

9 replies

Mar 2, 2015 4:36 AM in response to saimanoharp

Airtel has already launched its 4G network in a handful of cities and other operators will follow the suit. If you want to be under the league of first movers, you should have a 4G LTE capable smartphone. If you think that all the high-end smartphones which are announced to be 4G LTE during their international launch are compatible with networks in India as well, you are mistaken. Indian telecom operators have received official license to operate 4G LTE networks (TD-LTE) over 2300 MHz band. You have to specifically look for a mobile phone or tablet which mentions 2300 MHz compatibility under its list of technical specifications.

Although, government of India has awarded 4G LTE license over 1800 MHz as well, operators haven’t started offering 4G LTE connection over 1800 MHz as of now. All the major flagship smartphones such as iPhone 5S, HTC One M8 and Sony Xperia Z2 are equipped with Qualcomm baseband solutions, though the Sony Xperia Z2 is currently incompatible with 4G LTE in India (2300 MHz band). Apple iPhone 5S uses Qualcomm MDM9x15 baseband solution to support 2300 MHz 4G LTE spectrum in India and China.

copied from http://telecomtalk.info/things-you-need-to-consider-before-buying-a-4g-lte-capab le-handset-in-india/116895/

Mar 3, 2015 4:34 AM in response to saimanoharp

Nobody here would know that. You have learned a valuable lesson: buy an iPhone in the country you intend to use it in. And BTW, should you require warranty or any other out -of-warranty service on you USA purchased phone, you will receive none, even if you are willing to pay for it, in India. The warranty his not, and has never been, international on the iPhone. You will have to take or send the iPhone to a friend in the US.

Sound like a good deal now?

A1549 LTE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.