Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot install piano lessons on garageband

Hi

When i try to install the free Piano lessons on garageband, the download appears to go through but then no extra lessons appear, then when you open the main part of Garageband i get the message:

GarageBand was not able to install the new sounds. Close and re-open GarageBand to download and install them again.

However re-opening the application has no effect on the problem.

Any ideas...

Garageband 10.0.3

OSX 10.10.2

Cheers

GarageBand 10, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 3:28 AM

1 reply

Mar 17, 2015 11:36 AM in response to Dubferatu

I'm not sure whether it will work for you, because I had the same problem on Mavericks, but anyway it's worth giving a try. So I tried many different things from many different forums, but eventually the following solved the problem.

I had to manually create the folder where the Piano lessons are about to be saved:
/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Learn to Play/

Make sure that this folder exists on your computer and retry downloading the lessons. I hope it helps, I also had a very long way to overcome this issue.

(note: this Library folder is referring to the one located in the root folder ("/") and not the one that can be found under your home folder.)

cannot install piano lessons on garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.