Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Check out Apple Router?

I am having a challenge with something eating up my GB allowance for my internet service. My internet router checks out and they suggested I check out my Apple router to see if it is working properly or the culprit - how do I do that?

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 4:43 AM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2015 6:14 AM in response to pgbike

The problem is not likely a router.....the problem is more likely to be a computer that is downloading large media files like video and audio.

Mac App Store - PeakHour - Apple might be worth a look.......but the Apple router will only receive as much data as your Internet router will deliver to it.

My internet router checks out

Not sure exactly what this means. Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) should have a utility or report for you to take a look at the Internet use by your ISP router by date and time.

Mar 3, 2015 7:51 AM in response to pgbike

I am not downloading large media.

Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) thinks that you are, and they may be wrong. It is up to them to prove to you that the data use is yours.....with a detailed report stating exactly what was downloaded on what date from what site.

If they cannot do this, or are unwilling to do this, then I think that you will need to start looking for another service provider.

A few options if your ISP will not help you.

http://lifehacker.com/5917367/how-can-i-find-out-how-much-bandwidth-im-using-at- home

Check out Apple Router?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.