Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1.3 screwed up my 5S

Sonce downloading the newest iOS onto my 5S it has gone from being the most invaluable tool in my self-employed business to the worst device I've ever owned. Prior to the "upgrade" my 5S was reliable, durable and able to run multiple apps at the same time. Since the download it crashes frequestly when trying to open something and innocuous as the Calendar app. It fails to keep inputed appointment dates, it crashed when opening apps, the phone freezed for periods of time that requir the phone to be hard-rebooted. The mobile data connection has worsened and so has the range of the wifi. Email addresses that are linked to the mail app on the iPhone continually refresh and read the hundreds of old emails as new, eating up data and phone memory. Regarding memory, I'm unable to take photos or videos with my phone because apparently I have asolute let ZERO space left which is an impossibility considering the limited amount of items I have stored on the phone. Even as I type this the autocorrect is doing bizzar things.

This is not the first time I've sad issues with an iPhone follwong an iOS "upgrade". The same happened with my 4 and my 4S after that. I I expected that Apple would have resolved these "upgrade" issues that deteriorate the performance of their products.

Please advise how I can return my phone to the reliable business tool it once was and not the reason I turn to Samsung.

Thank you.

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 7:44 AM

12 replies

Mar 2, 2015 9:26 AM in response to chattphotos

Would that not require that I lose all of the important information that I have stored on my phone? if I cannot backup my phone into my computer (btw, I also can't perform the iCloud backup since the update), wipe the phone clean and then reinstall the saved data, I won't be performing what you suggest. Rather than wipe the phone clean because of Apple's inability to provide an iOS that does not destroy the function of their products, I would prefer that they offer a solution.

Mar 2, 2015 9:48 AM in response to non ny

Really reflects poorly on Apple. I've been using their products for a number of years but it's been three generations of iPhones that have repeatedly let me down. I tried to resist downloading the newest iOS because of the experience I've had in the past but only did so because I could not back up my phone in iCloud because it did not have the newest iOS. Little did I know that I still wouldn't be able to and take on a whole host of worse aggravations.

Even now the 5S won't keep this page open when I leave Safari. I've had to Login three times now.

Mar 2, 2015 11:07 AM in response to chattphotos

My assumption based on your post was that you were suggesting I delete the phone in its entirety and not restore any of the information that I currently have stored on the phone. Like I stated above, I can't do that. There are contacts and other important information saved on this phone that I require for my work. I'm not concerned about losing the apps. Those can be reinstalled. It's the other information that i cannot lose.

I plan on attempting a backup on my computer and reinstalling everything this evening. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Mar 2, 2015 5:08 PM in response to chattphotos

The phone is screwed up even more than I thought...

I've tried backing up my iPhone on my iTunes. I've gotten several error messages. I've been told that I do not have enough space. Looking at the content bar at the bottom of iTunes I can see that "Other" makes up almost 3/4 of the memory. When I select to backup without saving the apps, it then says that "iTunes could not backup the iPhone 'iPhone" because an error occurred." This happens whether I select to backup on my computer or through iCloud.

I'm very disappointed with this. Up until I installed the new iOS yesterday, the phone was great. Now it's no better than a paper weight.

Any suggestions?

iOS 8.1.3 screwed up my 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.