Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming Issues from Mac Pro using Apple TV

I have recently purchased a Mac Book Pro with retina display and tried streaming content using my apple tv (3rd gen). The picture streams (providing my bluetooth is off) but the sound continuously stutter. Does anyone know how to fix this?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 6:10 AM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 7:46 AM in response to PaulKinger

Hello PaulKinger,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are experiencing some performance issues with sound while using AirPlay between your Mac Pro and your Apple TV. To begin troubleshooting, I would suggest working through the steps outlined in the attached article.

Resolve issues with AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Resolve performance issues with AirPlay or AirPlay Mirroring

If you are experiencing intermittent playback or significant network lag with AirPlay or AirPlay Mirroring, it could be due to a weak Wi-Fi connection, interference, or the distance between the Wi-Fi router and your iOS device, Apple TV or AirPort Express.

Try these suggestions:

• Ensure that other devices are not trying to stream to the same Apple TV at the same time.
  • Ensure that your Wi-Fi router is set up with the recommended settings for the best performance.
  • Certain external devices, such as microwave ovens and baby monitors, may interfere with a Wi-Fi network. Try moving or disabling these devices.
  • If possible, try to locate your Wi-Fi router in the same room as your iOS device and Apple TV.
  • If your wireless and wired networks are the same, try connecting your Apple TV to the router via Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi.
  • If the Wi-Fi router has an external antenna, check to see that is it connected properly and in good condition.
  • Use the Wi-Fi network troubleshooting guide to resolve interference and other issues.

Have a great day,

Joe

Streaming Issues from Mac Pro using Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.