Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hp deskjet 2540 not showing up as a scanner

Hello,

i have a macbook air and a hp deskjet 2540 all in one printer/scanner. i have been using it wirelessly for some time and have scanned before with no issues. Yesterday i went to scan a document and under my "printers and scanners" in system preferences the HP does not show up as a scanner (there is no scan tab). i have tried scanning thru capture and preview as well, no scanner is available anywhere in my computer. i have tried several times to delete the HP and re-install using both the HP software and not (letting apple fetch its own) and nothing changes. i know the scanner is still available and working because my wife can use it on her mac pro. i am out of ideas... any suggestions?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 3:27 PM

Hey, I see this is late. If you have not already found the solution try hooking your computer up to the printer. I have a Macbook Air and the same printer and it worked for me.

1 reply

hp deskjet 2540 not showing up as a scanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.