Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I keep animated gifs when exporting to PPT?

I need to give a PPT presentation and it is filled with animated gifs- they work in keynote, but not PPT. I usually just pull up the PPT from my email and play it like that, but all the animated gifs say "Quicktime and a GIF decompressor are needed to see this picture". I created it in keynote and need to present it on a PC at school.

I have one of those dongles that hookup my iPhone to my tv.....I don't know if that would be helpful in some way or not?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 5:38 AM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2015 9:25 AM in response to Uma_Jewels

I need to give a PPT presentation and it is filled with animated gifs- they work in keynote, but not PPT.

1. Export the presentation from Keynote containing the GIFs as a pptx filetype
  2. Open the exported file in Powerpoint, (or if you don't have it, download and install Libra Office, this is freeware and will open and edit powerpoint files).
  3. select each GIF on the slides, then set it to loop in: Format Movie > Playback Options > select loop in the dropdown menu
  4. Save and test

How do I keep animated gifs when exporting to PPT?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.