Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the unlocked model of the iphone 6 4.7 work with Verizon?

im looking to buy a unlocked iPhone 6 and I was told on the phone it work with Verizon but I want a 2 nd answer before doing so

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 8:51 AM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2015 9:25 AM in response to iuseappleproducts

At&t is crap in my town and T-Mobile only has 2G and I don't want a contract so if I go to Verizon and buy a phone outright would it be unlocked ?

To be specific, While Verizon is a CDMA carrier its LTE network uses GSM and as such sim cards which would be fully supported on an unlocked iPhone. However, in the event you are in area without any LTE coverage, the unlocked iPhone 6 would be unable to revert to Verizon's 3G CDMA network or anything else so the iPhone would be without any kind of service at that point.

In short if you plan on using Verizon, buy a Verizon iPhone. The GSM portion is unlocked for international carriers and you will have no issues on Verizon.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/aboutus/commitment/safety-security/device-unlocki ng-policy.html

Does the unlocked model of the iphone 6 4.7 work with Verizon?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.