Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook pro is stuck on the white screen with the grey apple logo on startup

Hi,

Last night my macbook pro (late 2011) froze so I restarted it using the shortcuts. After it restarted, the white screen with the grey apple logo popped up and it started to load. However, the loading bar was moving extremely slow to the point where it looked like it wasn't even moving. After an hour of loading, the bar was only halfway. How do I fix this? My computer is currently running on yosemite and back in late November I had to reset my hard drive.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 6:26 AM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2015 6:54 AM in response to despinosao

The startup drive is failing, or there is some other internal hardware fault.

Back up all data on the drive immediately if you don't already have a current backup. There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional—ask if you need guidance.

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

Apple also recommends that you deauthorize a device in the iTunes Store before having it serviced.

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

my macbook pro is stuck on the white screen with the grey apple logo on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.