Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install Windows 7 on Bootcamp 5.1 iMac Late 2009 27''

HI,

I have a late 2009 iMac 27 inch and try to install Windows 7 with bootcamp:

- iMac (27-inch, Late 2009)

- OSX 10.10.2

- Bootcamp 5.1.3

- Windows 7 Enterprise (on DVD)

- USB 2.0 Harddisc

- External SuperDrive for the Windows Install DVD

What happens is, that the Screen turns black after the partitioning of the internal drive by BootCamp. The Windows Installation does not start at all. Then the iMac reboots and gets stuck with just showing the Apple logo.

I can then reset it with the on/off buttoned with the option key can select the OS X partition, which makes it boot in OS X. The bootcamp partition shows no files on it. When I start bootcamp again, I can only remove th bootcamp partition.

Any clues? This is not the missing driver issue (as that shows a blinking cursor AFTER installation of Windows.

Best regards

Hollebole

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Late 2009 27 inch

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 7:40 AM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2015 7:50 AM in response to hollebolle

- External SuperDrive for the Windows Install DVD

According to iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) - Technical Specifications, there is a built-in Optical drive on your Mac.

Optical drive

• Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    • Writes DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL discs at up to 4x speed
    • Writes DVD-R and DVD+R discs at up to 8x speed
    • Writes DVD-RW discs at up to 6x speed and DVD+RW discs at up to 8x speed
    • Reads DVDs at up to 8x speed
    • Writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed
    • Writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed
    • Reads CDs at up to 24x speed

Is there a reason not to use the built-in Optical drive? For most Macs with built-in Optical drive, BCA sets the booting to be from the internal Optical drive, not from the external Optical drive.

Install Windows 7 on Bootcamp 5.1 iMac Late 2009 27''

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.