Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacAir11" bought in July 2011. On erasing data now cannot connect to Internet

i erased the data from my MacAir11" (bought in 2011) as I was giving it to my daughter. Result was a blank screen with only the apple logo! No internet connection So could not reload software. Fixit suggested I connect my router by Ethernet connection but AirBook does not have a slot for that. On further research found that due to my router WEP no internet recovery is possible! Please help!

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2011), Yosemite before erasing it😭

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 7:42 AM

Greetings gmonica,

It seems you cannot successfully reinstall OS X, or connect to Wi-Fi. Based on the information you have provided, it appears your MacBook Air needs to be serviced. The following link should help you get started with the process and has links with additional information on topics such as warranty and service pricing, battery replacement, and express replacement service.

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2015 7:42 AM in response to gmonica

Greetings gmonica,

It seems you cannot successfully reinstall OS X, or connect to Wi-Fi. Based on the information you have provided, it appears your MacBook Air needs to be serviced. The following link should help you get started with the process and has links with additional information on topics such as warranty and service pricing, battery replacement, and express replacement service.

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

MacAir11" bought in July 2011. On erasing data now cannot connect to Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.