Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod internet connection

I have an iPod 5 32 gig, and recently the wifi won't connect without vpn. I downloaded a vpn app from the app store awhile back that required me to download a vpn profile off the internet (not the app store..) Just yesterday, i was at the library and the vpn app "couldn't find vpn server". This made it impossible to connect to the internet even after I turned the vpn off. I even uninstalled the app and the downloaded profile and the iPod still refuses to connect to the internet. One exception is that certain apps like trivia crack and my mail app work, but apps like ifunny and apple's app store don't connect. Ive tried restarting the iPod multiple times and nothing has changed.

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 6:48 AM

9 replies

Mar 2, 2015 6:56 AM in response to Mannygom

Does the iOS device see the network?

Any error messages?

Do other devices now connect?

Did the iOS device connect before?

Try the following to rule out a software problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on your router

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

- Wi-Fi: Unable to connect to an 802.11n Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem and it does not connect to any networks make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Mar 2, 2015 7:12 AM in response to lllaass

Yes it sees the network and connects. It never had a problem connecting before either. The wifi symbol appears on the top left corner like usual. I am currently successfully connected to the same network on my mac computer. when I open safari there it says "Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server." This kind of implies that it is connected to the internet ,but thinks the page isn't secure enough? i don't know.

Mar 2, 2015 7:21 AM in response to lllaass

Ok I reset the iPod and the network settings and this error message popped up. "Cannot verify Server Identity The identity of "map.gmail.com" cannot be verified by Mail. Review the certificate details to continue." Cancel, Details, Continue... Also i am not in a position where i can reset my router as I am at college...

Mar 2, 2015 7:53 AM in response to Mannygom

Transfer iTunes purchases to yur computer

Re-download or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a computer - Apple Support

and then sync back to the iPod after you restopre.

You may have to place the iPod in Recovery mode or DFU mode to allow the restore based on the message 9 i can't turn off "find my iPod" due to lack of internet connection.) you received

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Forgot passcode or device disabled

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

ipod internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.