Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes duplicating library

Hello. Forgive me for coming off as totally ignorant to the technical side of computers...I apologize in advance. I have two hard drives on my Windows operated desktop. I use the C drive (75 GB, internet, printer, operating system only). The E drive (145 GB) is for iTunes only. It seems as though iTunes is duplicating the library to the C drive also rather than just the E drive. In doing so my C drive is bogged down to the point where I can no longer run defrags, disc cleanup or import new music. Has anyone experienced this issue? Thank you for your time. Have a good day.

Compaq, Windows XP

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 6:49 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 7:40 AM in response to bombtrack360

Perhaps your library isn't all organized on the E: drive as you want it to be. If you have a split library, with the data on an external drive and the library files on the internal, then start iTunes while the external is disconnected, the media folder will have silently reset to the default path. See Make a split library portable for advice.

tt2

itunes duplicating library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.