Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen for the 3rd time HELP

My screen keeps going black on my MacBook pro and I have to keep calling apple. The only thing that fixes it is to reboot holding command+r and reinstalling osx, that's what apple had me do the last two times I called them. But its not working anymore. I turn it on and hold command+r and nothing happens. Im pretty sure its not a hardware issue but I need help because I live nowhere near an apple store.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 9:32 AM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2015 9:48 AM in response to chipfreeman

Hi. Do you get any startup chime after pressing the power button? If you do, you could try a pram reset. Command/Option/P/R keys at startup for three chimes. Also you could do a SMC reset.https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295 Does you mag safe show green? Do you see any lead lights when pressing the power button? Do you get any beeps or flashing lead light at startup?

Mar 2, 2015 10:09 AM in response to chipfreeman

Hi. That's good. It means it's charging. If after the pram reset or the smc reset ,you can get back to the recovery screen. You could use the utilities option to repair permissions and check/repair your startup volume. If continuing to reinstall the OS is not working ,you need to check the startup volume. You might also want to /in disk utilities/ click on the main drive and the look to see if S.M.A.R.T status is verified.

Black screen for the 3rd time HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.