Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match & only locally songs

iTunes Match : I would like to decide which songs I don't want to iCloud having them only locally . How can I do it ?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 6:24 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 7:43 AM in response to paolofromgo

Hi,

No you can't decide what tracks go into cloud. If the track is eligible. it will either be matched or uploaded. However, you can work around this by changing the media type to something other than music e.g. Podcast or Audiobook. Both are ineligible for match. You can't change media type when match is on.

Another option is to open an new library and then turn on match. You will see all the music you have in the cloud. You can delete tracks from the cloud and when you go back to the original library, the tracks will still be there but the iCloud status will be shown as "Remove". This essentially will now be a local file and match will ignore for future scans.

Jim

iTunes Match & only locally songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.