Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes too big

Hey guys. My iTunes catalogue, including music, and iOS apps is over 100gb. It's just taking up too much room. So...

1. Is there a way to store it on an external drive? Or better yet, only part of it? The music and certain video files I'd like to store locally. The rest I almost never use. (I have a time capsule with an external HD attached. I'd love to store it on that hard drive so it was accessible wirelessly. It'd be a shame to lose the music when I was not in range, but it's a price I'd pay for freeing up 100GB.)

2. I do all my app downloading directly from my devices, but they auto download to my Mac too.

- How do I turn that "feature" off? I'd rather download "Candy Crush" twice to my iPhone and iPad, than have it take up space on my Mac as well where I'd never use it.

- If an app is deleted from my Mac, what happens the next time I go to sync it? Does it also delete from my iPad? Will My Mac try to warn me? Will it download it to make a sync possible? Will it cause problems?

Cheers!

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 7:49 AM

1 reply

iTunes too big

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.