Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am showing I have used 28gb of data in 2 days. I had the same issue last month also. What could be the problem.

Today when I checked my data usage it showed I had used 28gb in 2 days. I had the same problem last month. By the end of the first week of my billing cycle I received notification that I had used about that same amount. Anyone have any idea on what could be causing this? Thanks.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 8:08 AM

8 replies

Mar 2, 2015 10:13 AM in response to chattphotos

ATT

Yes last month they tried telling me it was because of the phone. I tried explaining that I have had my phone since October and this had never happened before. I basically turned off my cellular data for everything and only used it in emergencies. I just happened to be checking my bill this morning and saw my data usage since Feb. 28th was 28gb. I called the closest ATT store and asked if they had any idea what could be happening. She said I would need to take it to the Apple store that it could be "ghosting" data. I haven't done anything different since I got this phone. I can't even imagine what you would need to do to use that much data in 2 days. Background refresh is off.

Mar 2, 2015 10:48 AM in response to jenniferfromtheblock

It is really hard to use 28GB in one month, even playing pandora for 4 hours a day every day only yields abut 9GB of usage... So 28GB would mean streaming HD netflix for 4 hours day every day.

The At&t rep is kinda full of it because there's no such thing as ghosting data.

Call At&t again, ask for a manager, tell them that there is a mis-calculation on your usage, and that they need to resolve it.

Mar 3, 2015 1:40 PM in response to jenniferfromtheblock

So I took my phone to Apple, they ran a test and found out I had several corrupt apps. These apps were constantly running and using data. They did a complete reset of my phone and told me to be sure and not restore from my backup but to set up as new and sync apps etc individually. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Thanks.

Mar 3, 2015 2:27 PM in response to jenniferfromtheblock

Please report back on if the restore as new worked? I bet this is tied into the awful battery time a lot of folks are seeing.I have gone the route of a restore and set up as new, not from back up, and data use and battery drain were still bad. One of the biggest users of Cellular Data on my phone is System Services - Push Notifications (even though I have all push notifications turned off). Since resetting the cellular usage statistics at 11:45AM, System Services has downloaded 8MB of data (I assume). 5.8MB of which are Push Notifications.

Also, could you list the apps that the Genius Bar said were corrupt?

Thanks.

I am showing I have used 28gb of data in 2 days. I had the same issue last month also. What could be the problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.