Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

files access issues

I upgraded iCloud on my iMac at work to 200 gb storage space and I still can see files I need to access on my Mac Book Pro. What do I need to do to access files on this device?

MacBook Pro, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 7:58 AM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 9:10 AM in response to Patty Flores

Hello Patty Flores,

I understand you upgraded your iCloud account, and you want to be able to access files that you have on your MacBook Pro. Have you enabled the iCloud Drive feature on both of your computers? Take a look at the article below to see if this solution will work in your situation. I've highlighted the key information here for you. Click on the article for complete details.

iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201104

With iCloud Drive, you can safely store all your presentations, spreadsheets, PDFs, images, and any other kind of document in iCloud. Documents you store in iCloud Drive will be kept up to date across all of your devices, and you can access them from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC.

Here's what you can do with iCloud Drive:

• Store and access all of your documents in one place from any of your devices
  • Keep files and folders up to date across all your devices
  • Create new files and folders from iCloud-enabled apps
  • Work on the same file across multiple apps

What do I need to use iCloud Drive?

Make sure you have iOS 8 or OS X Yosemite on all of your devices. Here are the requirements:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8
  • Mac with OS X Yosemite
  • PC with Windows 7 or later and iCloud for Windows
  • Safari 6 or later, Firefox 22 or later, or Google Chrome 28 or later
  • An active Internet connection

After you update to iOS 8 or OS X Yosemite, also update your iWork apps (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote) to the latest versions. Learn more about using iWork with iCloud Drive.

Cheers,

Judy

files access issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.