Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why isn't my iPad Air submitting username/passwords correctly

On my iPad Air, I cannot get any web site to accept username/passwords. The wife's iPad and my PC work fine with same username/password, so I know I am typing in the correct info. I cannot do my banking, log into a forum I administer, log into iCloud, etc. on my iPad. I have turned off autofill, rebooted, and fiddled with this dadgum thing for two days now. When I type in the blanks, the text shows on a yellow background as if it is an autofill function.

Anybody have suggestions?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 9:48 AM

6 replies

Mar 2, 2015 10:17 AM in response to Eric Ericson

Try this. Go to Settings>Safari>Clear History and Website data. Close Safari and reset the iPad.

In order to close apps, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

Hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen after which time you can release the buttons and let the iPad start up.

Mar 2, 2015 10:31 AM in response to Demo

I thought I had done that already, but tried again to no avail.

When I go to my bank site, I have to type my ID in first and send... then the bank usually sends me a password screen. But it just refreshes the ID entry screen... blank... like I haven't done anything.

I tried my ID/password on my forum and it just comes back as if I didn't send any ID/Password at all.

I think I may have misspoken earlier, as the entry box backgrounds do not turn yellow.

Mar 2, 2015 11:42 AM in response to Eric Ericson

I Have to assume that you are using your computer in order to communicate here then if you cannot sign in anywhere on your iPad in Safari. The next thing that Inwould try is to reset all settings. You will not lose any data when you do this, but you will have to enter all device settings again. Your iPad will also restart when you reset all settings, so if you choose to do this, don't be alarmed when the iPad restarts.

Settings>General>Reset>Reset all Settings.

Why isn't my iPad Air submitting username/passwords correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.