Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos iCloud synchronization fiasco

Hello guys,

I'm testing the iCloud photo library and also the photos app in OSX and I'm facing some serious issues!

To start, everytime I connect my iPhone to my mac it asks to import about 400 photos that are not on my computer library, the problem is that they are! I hit the import just to test and I'm ending with duplicates (great apple!).

I'm also trying to sync the library in iOS and OSX. So, I imported my previous photos from dropbox camera uploads to the photos app, waited until all photos were uploaded and then I turned on the library on my iPhone. Since I've imported all iPhone photos I did not understant why it stated that had about 3000 photos to upload, process that stopped at around 1800 photos missing. Now I'm getting and error from iCloud saying that the upload is stopped because I'm performing a restore from iCloud, funny is that I do not do any backups to iCloud, and I don't know how to solve this, anyone know?

On my osx Photos App all my albums created in iOS appear but some are empty, and I'm on this process for already 7 days and still no sign of the photos.

So, to me until now, and I know this is still in beta, it is a fiasco. I just hope that this does not end to be another apple fiasco like mobileMe, because for now, it is.

If anyone have solved/faced the same issues please report here.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, SSD w/OS X and hdd on dvd drive

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 7:23 AM

3 replies

Mar 9, 2015 10:15 PM in response to 0biwan

Agree. I have two Macs and enabled Photos on both because I thought "hey, one place - better organized".

My pics got duplicated and now I have up to 4 copies of the same pic - and I have >15,000 pics.

A service that promises to help organizing your photos should never do such a messy job. I hope they come up with something usable soon.

photos iCloud synchronization fiasco

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.