Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF files shown as' damaged or used a format preview can't recognize' once I save them to a thumbdrive

Hi,

I'm using a Macbook Pro system version 10.10.2.All PDF files (actually regardless of the format) are shown as' damaged or used a format preview can't recognize' once I copy them to a thumb-drive from the Mac. The file names end correctly as .pdf. I am sure that the thumb drive was in a good condition before I used it on the Mac and I tried two other new thumb drives but the problem persisted. Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem? Thanks a lot!!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), null

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 9:42 AM

Please repartition and format the flash drive for a Mac. It's likely formatted for a PC.

Drive Partition and Format

1. Open Disk Utility in your Utilities folder.

2. After DU loads select your hard drive (this is the entry with the mfgr.'s ID and size) from the left side list. Click on the Partition tab in the DU main window.

3. Under the Volume Scheme heading set the number of partitions from the drop down menu to one. Click on the Options button, set the partition scheme to GUID then click on the OK button. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) Click on the Apply button and wait until the process has completed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2015 9:42 AM in response to paperfish

Please repartition and format the flash drive for a Mac. It's likely formatted for a PC.

Drive Partition and Format

1. Open Disk Utility in your Utilities folder.

2. After DU loads select your hard drive (this is the entry with the mfgr.'s ID and size) from the left side list. Click on the Partition tab in the DU main window.

3. Under the Volume Scheme heading set the number of partitions from the drop down menu to one. Click on the Options button, set the partition scheme to GUID then click on the OK button. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) Click on the Apply button and wait until the process has completed.

PDF files shown as' damaged or used a format preview can't recognize' once I save them to a thumbdrive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.