Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"slide to power off" notice keeps appearing

iPad Mini: "Slide to power off" notice keeps appearing. Fully charged. Restored to original settings and then restored from backup ok.

How do I get this notice to stop popping up, please?

Thx.

Dan

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 9:43 AM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2015 12:55 PM in response to Demo

Problem solved.

Turns out that evidently the iPad Mini was dropped and the clear shell case for the back came off. It must have been put back on backwards so the On/Off Sleep/Wake button was being pressed by the case when held tightly... causing the "Slide to Power Off" message to show. This was discovered when the Smart Cover wouldn't stand the unit properly... But.. only after I guessed the Smart Cover was broken and I bought a new Smart Cover. The new red Smart cover didn't work any better than the previous blue one. Soooooo... I looked carefully at the unit and found that the clear back had been put on backwards!

Now, how do I turn this into a positive "teaching moment" with my spouse? Or, maybe after 53 years of marriage I'll just take credit for fixing it and getting her a beautiful new red cover!

User uploaded file

Thanks for your help.

Dan

"slide to power off" notice keeps appearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.