Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music App iOS 7

I recently updated my iPhone 4 from iOS 5 to iOS 7.1.2. I was happy with iOS 5 and only upgraded because most of my apps stopped supporting iOS 5.

I am very unhappy with iOS 7, specifically with its Music App. Here's my problem:

The music app randomly "resets" the songs that I was listening to and paused. For example, I would stop a song at 1:54, put my phone to sleep mode, and re-open the music app. Occasionally, the app would take long to start and the song would be reset to 0:00. The occurance of this issue is absolutely random. I cannot reproduce it. It seems to be unrelated to the use of other media apps such as Youtube or Spotify. It is also unrelated to the time period that I am not using my phone. I may not use it for 12 hours and the song would still be at the correct position, but then I may only have put it to sleep mode for 30 minutes and the song would be reset. It seems to be totally random.

Here's what I tried:

I toggled the "Only music that has been downloaded to this device will be shown" switch.

I reset my phone

I tried not to use other media apps

Anyone knows how to solve this issue? I like to listen to audiobooks with files as long as 01:30h and this is very annoying. I should also add that the fast forward function in iOS 7 is much less comfortable than it was in iOS 5, but that's just a sidenote.

In case there is no solution to this problem, are there any third party music player apps that allow me to play the mp3s I uploaded to my phone?

Thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 7:25 AM

There are no replies.

Music App iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.