Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems deleting Excel files....won't drag

I recently received a xls worksheet in my email to work on. Opened it in excel....using Office 365 home....and made several different saved revisions to the original worksheet. My work is done and I went to delete the the older revisions from my mac and could not. The only place they show up is in the recents portion of excel...they do not show up in my documents folder at all. Cannot drag them off of excel, so stumped on how to delete. After looking at "Saved As" drop down on one of the worksheets, figured out that they are being saved to possibly a mail folder somewhere on my computer, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to get to that folder to delete them. Tried searching by the folder name that shows up in the "save as" drop down...does not show up in spotlight/search. Anyone know how to get to the folder and delete? Any help will be greatly appreciated

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 8:27 AM

Have you done a Spotlight search on

.xls

or

.xlsx

and then view by date modified?

11 replies

Mar 2, 2015 9:19 AM in response to Sparkleberry

Have used Office products for many years out of necessity...using 365 home version. At this juncture don't imagine I will use it for much more than stand alone capabilities simply because of my needs. Purchased this version as it is licensed for 5 computers. Have to say getting it downloaded was a real pain....you have to go through a lot of security hoops to get it installed by inserting codes into boxes. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate security in every form. That being said, the problem was for me that the codes they send to you via text and or/email time out and even though I was on the ready waiting to recieve...most took ten minutes to get to me from Microsoft only to have already timed out....felt like a gerbil on an exercise wheel. Finally googled a contact tech number...since their website has none and got it handled.

Working in excel over past few days has been my only experience thus far and amazed that files saved to downloaded mail folders instead of automatically going into documents folder as new....let's just say off to a rocky start.

Problems deleting Excel files....won't drag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.