Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Non-responsive Yahoo mail page

My Yahoo mail page is non-responsive and is missing content (icons). Browser (Safari 5.0.6) or Yahoo problem?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 8:45 AM

4 replies

Mar 3, 2015 4:38 PM in response to Jason L

Unfortunately Jason, none of your suggestions worked. I don't think you understand the problem. I can open Yahoo Mail and see the list of new messages. However, when I click on a specific e-mail, all I get is a blank screen. Nothing. Moreover, all the icons (compose, delete, move, forward) do not appear when I open Yahoo Mail. I have a MacBook 10.5.8 and Safari 5.0.06. Is it possible that Yahoo Mail no longer supports anything under Mac 10.6? If so, my computer is not upgradable. If not, what is going on?

Mar 4, 2015 3:55 PM in response to Jason L

@bckenney.

I figured out what is going on. The newer version of Yahoo mail no longer supports Safari 5.0.6. You have two choices:

1)You can upgrade your MAC 10.5.8 to 10.6 and get the newer version of Safari. You can only upgrade if you have intel processor.

2) You can change your Yahoo mail from the newer version to Basic (there is no more Classic) by doing the following:

• Click the settings gear icon near your Yahoo! Mail's top right corner (or hover the mouse cursor over it).
  • Select Settings from the menu that appears.
  • Go to the Viewing email category.
  • Make sure Basic is selected under Mail version.
  • Click Save.

I opted for option 2 and it worked! I now have full access to Yahoo mail, icons and all. I actually went to another newer computer to make the switch to Basic Yahoo. Let me know if this works for you.

Best

Non-responsive Yahoo mail page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.