Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app store keep asking me password

Hi,

this is super annoying, why every time I download an app it asks me my AppleID password ?

This is really stupid, is there some setting where I chose to being asked for password only once in my lifetime ?

thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 11:25 AM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 12:06 PM in response to kladrian

Hi kladrian,

The restrictions article below may explain why you’re running into the issue that’s causing you to enter your Apple ID password each time you download something from the App Store on your iPhone 6.

Use restrictions to prevent purchasing on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Require a password for each download

If you don't want to prevent in-app purchases or disable purchasing completely, you can require a password for downloads on your device. After you enable restrictions, Tap Require Password, then choose an option.

• Immediately: If you choose this option, you'll have to enter your Apple ID password each time you make a purchase or download a free item.
  • 15 minutes: If you choose this option, you'll enter your Apple ID password once, and you won't have to enter it again for any other purchases (except in-app purchases) you make in the next 15 minutes.

Ciao,

-Jason

app store keep asking me password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.