Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RECEIVING KIDS TEXTS

I AM RECEIVING ALL 3 OF MY KIDS IPHONE 5 TEXT MESSAGES ON MY MACBOOK AIR MESSAGE APP. WE ALL SHARE THE SAME ITUNES USERNAME AND PASSWORD AND I WOULD PREFER NOT TO CHANGE THIS. IS THERE A WAY TO DISCONTINUE THE TEXT MESSAGE FROM COMING TO MY NEW MAC?

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 9:03 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 11:16 AM in response to LizzyTish7

You can continue using the same ID for purchases, but each kid should have their own ID for their iCloud purposes. Set them each up with an ID, then each of them should sign out of all iCloud services and then sign back in under their new ID (but keep the iTunes and App Store ID as it is).

You actually can also use their new IDs for purchases and link them to your ID under Family Sharing, where you can control each kid's purchases. More info:

http://www.apple.com/icloud/family-sharing/

But first see if new IDs just for iCloud is sufficient for your needs.

RECEIVING KIDS TEXTS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.