Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 4th gen adaptor minor explosion

can my ipad 4th generation be fix? this is the cause why my ipad totally turn blackout, it happened when i charge my ipad and suddenly i heard a sound that the adaptor encounter a minor explosion inside but never burned (adaptor and wire that i have used is the original from my ipad 4th gen. package). after i heard the sound a few second our electric supply went-out and back again, and i check my ipad and notice it, it does not charging anymore. So i tried to check if the charger is working, i use the wire of the ipad 4th gen. and use the adaptor of my sister, its working. But when i tried the wire of the ipad mini and the adaptor of my ipad 4th gen. found-out that the adaptor is defective. Just to fully charge my ipad 4th gen. i use my sister ipad mini charger. when i use my ipad i notice several glitches or malfunction, using it for few minutes it will automatically shut down and when i turning it on the power button wont work, i tried hard press on the power and home button at the same time, and its work to turn it on but every time i don't use the ipad it will automatically shutting down. and the following day my ipad totally turn blackout. and i have done several restoration process in my macbook pro i always got a several pop-up error messages (error 9 / error 40 and so on...) from itunes. i feel hopeless of my ipad 4th generation case, i bought my ipad February 2013.

Please help me...

iPad, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 9:37 AM

2 replies

iPad 4th gen adaptor minor explosion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.