Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally deleted Garageband on my MacBook Pro, version 10.6.8. The new version of Garageband is only compatible with 10.9 and above. Is it possible to still get the older version? OR, can I get another copy of the startup CD for my computer

I accidentally deleted GarageBand on my MacBook Pro, version 10.6.8. The new version of GarageBand is only compatible with 10.9 and above. Is it possible to still get the older version? OR, can I get another copy of the startup CD that came with my computer so that I can reinstall GarageBand?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 9:25 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 9:33 AM in response to priscillamtb

The new version of GarageBand is only compatible with 10.9 and above.

If your Mac can run MacOS X 10.6.8, it probably can be upgraded to Yosemite, if you don't have to stick to Snowleopard for other reasons.

Is it possible to still get the older version?

Amazon or eBay are still selling iLife '11 installer disks, and you could reinstall GarageBand from these DVDs. But it will be expensive.

Have you checked your backups, if you can restore GarageBand from a backup?

OR, can I get another copy of the startup CD that came with my computer so that I can reinstall GarageBand?

Sometimes the AppleStore Support will replace missing installer CDs for a fee.

I accidentally deleted Garageband on my MacBook Pro, version 10.6.8. The new version of Garageband is only compatible with 10.9 and above. Is it possible to still get the older version? OR, can I get another copy of the startup CD for my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.