Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie cannot find song in itunes library

I am trying to add a song to an iMovie clip but it does not pull up in iMovie. All other songs are there except ones that were recently purchased.How do I get theses songs to appear so I can add them to my iMovie.?

iMac, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 2:06 PM

I don't know why they aren't showing but a workaround would be to select the song in iTunes, right click and select "Show in Finder". Using the Finder you can then drag and drop the song file directly from your iTunes library into your iMovie event pane. (This will make a copy of it in your iMovie library, leaving the original in iTunes)

Geoff.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2015 2:06 PM in response to doug1424

I don't know why they aren't showing but a workaround would be to select the song in iTunes, right click and select "Show in Finder". Using the Finder you can then drag and drop the song file directly from your iTunes library into your iMovie event pane. (This will make a copy of it in your iMovie library, leaving the original in iTunes)

Geoff.

iMovie cannot find song in itunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.