Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme Comcast Cable - Running Very Slow

I just purchased/installed my Airport Extreme base unit last week and immediately noticed slower speeds and limited range. I had been using a Linksys AC1900 router which was great when operational but often (at least once every week) required a reset to get working again. After reading all of the great reviews for the Airport Extreme I figured I'd pony up and spend the $$ for a tried and true router. My cable service appears to be running fine when I plug my computer directly into the modem. When streaming video on my iPad upstairs, I'm getting a slow connection that I was not getting before. Anyone know if there is something specific to Comcast or cable modems in general that would be causing this issue?

Apple® AirPort Extreme174 Wireless -OTHER

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 1:20 PM

Just to let you know, the new 802.11ac AirPort Extreme or Time Capsule are AC1750-class routers so it would not be unusual that your previous Linksys AC1900 router may have performed better.

It may be the case that Wi-Fi interference is the cause of the issue with either router. Apple does provide a return policy if you are not satisfied with your new Extreme.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2015 1:20 PM in response to devilpanda

Just to let you know, the new 802.11ac AirPort Extreme or Time Capsule are AC1750-class routers so it would not be unusual that your previous Linksys AC1900 router may have performed better.

It may be the case that Wi-Fi interference is the cause of the issue with either router. Apple does provide a return policy if you are not satisfied with your new Extreme.

Airport Extreme Comcast Cable - Running Very Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.