Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find out if I have photos/videos on icloud from a previous iphone I had? I backed up my itunes account onto a cd and assumed it would include my personal photos and videos that had been synced with itunes, but they are not on the cd.

I am trying to find my photos and videos taken by my iphone (which were also synced to my itunes). I would like to know how I find out if they are on the cloud and how I would gain access to them. I am not that familiar with the cloud.

iPhone 5c

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 12:22 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 2:02 PM in response to sallymagoo

Hey sallymagoo,

I think the first place to begin this inquiry is to find out if you are signed in to the same iCloud account on your new phone as you were on the old one. If you look in Settings > iCloud is there an account here, and if so is it the same on you used previously? See this article -

iCloud: Change iCloud feature settings

Assuming that the account is there and the same, if you look down the list of iCloud services, is Photos set to on? And if you select Photos, what options are on?

Next, look in your Photos app on the iPhone. This is where you would find the actual pictures or videos that had been previously shared. See this page for more information -

Apple - iCloud - Photos

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Happy computing,

Brett L

How do I find out if I have photos/videos on icloud from a previous iphone I had? I backed up my itunes account onto a cd and assumed it would include my personal photos and videos that had been synced with itunes, but they are not on the cd.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.