Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black Screen on an 27" iMac

I have a 2009 late model 27" iMac with the latest Yosemite OS X installed. It started about 6 month ago that the machine would suddenly turn black while I was using it. I had sent the iMac to a local Apple Authorized repair shop, they kept it for a week and would not reproduce my problem and gave it back to me and said the machine seemed to be fine after they ran a diagnostic test. But after I got the machine back, it started acting up again and were more and more frequently. I tried everything to no avail. Everything on the machine seems intact, just couldn't work for me. I need some help to solve this problem. Thanks.

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 10:45 AM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2015 12:48 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks for the suggestion. I live in Victoria, BC, Canada and there isn't any Apple Store on the island. That is why I took the machine to the University of Victoria's Computer store. The nearest Apple Store is in Vancouver which would take me a whole day trip (with a ferry and drive) to that store.

I couldn't hold the machine long enough to download the EtreCheck software to get an report on my machine. I turned off my machine on Feb. 22 and haven't tried to start it yet. I am using my old MBA (1st Generation) currently.

Just wonder whether I need to replace the Display on my machine to solve the problem.

Black Screen on an 27" iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.