Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I force Pages 5.5.2 to start a new section on any page (not just odd pages)?

How do I force Pages 5.5.2 to start a new section on any page (not just odd pages)?

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 11:14 AM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2015 3:15 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Thanks Peter for responding.

I understand that it divides pages, but it seems to be forcing me to start a new section on an odd page by inserting a blank page before the first page of the new section if it happens to be even. That is, if I insert a new section on an odd page, it produces an unselectable blank page (which is even) then the text/content of the new section begins on the next odd numbered page. I can't select anything on the inserted page and if I backspace from the next page, it deletes the section break entirely. Older versions of Pages gave you the option to start a new section on odd or even pages, but the latest version appears to have deleted that option, or am I missing something?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.