Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does transport bar show Midi Out activity from an AUDIO track?

I am running Logic Pro 9 on Mac OS 10.7.5 and I've noticed lately that The Transport display is indicating Midi output signal when I have an AUDIO track engaged. This happens when I engage the Record-Enable button, while I'm actually recording, or when i merely press Play. The good thing is that it does not affect my ability to record and playback my vocals.

I should add that this also happens when I have a Software Instrument track playing or recording (but not when only Record-engaged). I'm not sure if that's what's supposed to happen since we are dealing with midi data in this instance. I know there should be Midi-In activity, but not sure about the Midi-Out activity.

My Audio Track is used for recording vocals from my mic input, which is a separate in put from when I'm recording the output of an external midi instrument. I have checked all of my connections, I have tested my Midi Interface and Midi controller keyboard through Audio/Midi Setup in the Utilities and everything checks out. I have not added, taken away, or replaced any software, nor hardware.

This is very puzzling to me because as far as my limited knowledge takes me, I do not think I should have any midi activity while I'm recording from my microphone inputs onto an Audio track. Any insight would be helpful.

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 11:27 AM

There are no replies.

Why does transport bar show Midi Out activity from an AUDIO track?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.