Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot enable location services on my mac.

I would like to enable location services on my mac but when I follow the instructions it does not work. As stated on the Apple website I have gone to privacy and have tried to check the box which says "enable location services" unfortunately I cannot click in the box/or when I do nothing happens. It looks like that option has been disabled. I recently updated to Yosemite so not sure if that is the problem, however I did not have location services enable before.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 12:45 PM

At the bottom left of that screen is the padlock icon open or locked ? If it's locked then click on it, enter the password for your Mac, and the 'Enable Location Services' tickbox should become enabled for you to tick. You can then click the padlock icon again to lock it and prevent further changes

(I've asked for your post to be moved to the Yosemite forum, where you've posted is the Using iPad forum.)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2015 12:45 PM in response to jovana8

At the bottom left of that screen is the padlock icon open or locked ? If it's locked then click on it, enter the password for your Mac, and the 'Enable Location Services' tickbox should become enabled for you to tick. You can then click the padlock icon again to lock it and prevent further changes

(I've asked for your post to be moved to the Yosemite forum, where you've posted is the Using iPad forum.)

Cannot enable location services on my mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.