Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I remove serial number association from My support profile

This iPad is associated with a departed employee, they have associated the iPad with their personal Apple ID.

We need to redeploy the iPad to a new user and want to have the old Apple ID dis-associated with the iPad.

How can this be done, if the previous user cannot be contacted?

iPad, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 12:47 PM

2 replies

Mar 3, 2015 11:18 AM in response to DonH49

The user associated the iPad serial number with his support profile. As He is the only one with his Apple ID and password, the serial number is burnt to him. It cannot be associated to the "Company ID", it is a big irritant, but we may have to live with it. iTunes authorizes a computer, but has no option to remove this iPad from another persons profile... thanks for the reply.

how do I remove serial number association from My support profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.