Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto not uploading shared content to iCloud

I was uploading a large number of pics to my iMac when I ran out of storage. The local Apple shop helped get me an external drives and then transfer over the pics that I had. Since this happened, I'm unable to share anything on iCloud. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've selected the pics, entered in the email addresses and nothing goes out to friends/family. Thanks

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 11:14 AM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2015 1:10 PM in response to RacePics87

With the amount of information you've provided it's impossible to offer a solution. We can't see your computer so we need to know the details of your problem and setup, i.e.:

• assuming you're using iPhoto what version is it?
  • what system version are you running?
  • are you trying to email with iPhoto as the email client or Mail as the client?
  • what fixes have you tried?
  • are your photos located in an iPhoto library?
  • where is your library located?
  • what format is the external hard drive?
  • are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Mar 2, 2015 1:29 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

iPhoto 9.6

Yosemite 10.10.2

Not trying to email, I had been selecting an album as I had before and Selected "Share" and selected "iCloud" It provides me the Share with: Where you can enter in email addresses, Create a subject and add notes as to what this is. The problem is that no one ever gets the invite and when I go into my "iCloud" on the left side of iPhoto and look at the shared albums, the new one's that I have recently all have ZERO photo's in them-it's like iPhoto never put them in a shared location. It never changes and no one ever gets an invite.

All photo's are in iPhoto Library

The External drive is formatted for MAC

I don't see an option for Managed library in my advanced settings. Maybe I have an older version??

Mar 2, 2015 2:06 PM in response to RacePics87

I don't see an option for Managed library in my advanced settings.

Managed is copying the image files into the library during import. The right side of the screenshot above.

Is the EHD formatted as shown below:

User uploaded file

Try the following to see if it will jump start the PS and get emails delivered:

Disable Photo Stream in the System/iCloud preference pane

User uploaded file

and in iPhoto's Photo Stream preference pane.

User uploaded file

Reboot and reenable both respectively. That should jump start Photo Stream.

iPhoto not uploading shared content to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.