Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages won't save a .template file

It won't save this file no matter how many times I try.

Is there a reason why this function doesn't do what the tin says?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 12:28 PM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2015 1:55 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Pages v. 5.5.2. — I am running Yosemite, 10.10.2

I am trying to save to a folder I created in my Documents. Needless to say, I have full write/read privileges there... no one else uses this laptop but me. I was able to set up my template in Pages (it's company letterhead) and I saved my template to the Template Chooser; I can see it there when I go to create a new document. Now I want to save a standalone file to distribute to the rest of my organization but I can't do it—when I go to save the file, simply nothing happens, and I don't get any error messages.

I ran into another problem earlier; Pages was not even saving a regular .pages file and would give me a weird error message instead, "the document [file name] does not exist"... which of course it wouldn't: I was still in the process of saving the file in the first place! This prompted me to quit the program and reboot the computer. Now I was able to save my template as a .pages doc and, following a suggestion I found on another thread, I changed the file extension to .templates and Pages seems to recognize it... so I think I got around the problem for now. Fingers crossed...

Pages won't save a .template file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.