Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac 2008 with yosemite reboots

why when exiting sleep mac 2008 with yosemite reboots?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 11:18 AM

7 replies

Mar 2, 2015 12:16 PM in response to Veliant92

Hello,

Open console in Applications>Utilities, check the system log for the date/time of the last problem & the Startup right after that for clues.

Click on the top line we want, Shift plus click on the bottom line we want, CMD+c to copy, then paste the text in a reply with CMD+v

A few dozen lines should be about right, hundreds or thousands won't likely be readable. 🙂

Mar 2, 2015 12:52 PM in response to Veliant92

Veliant92,

There's some confusion here. If you have a 2008 machine and running Yosemite, you are in the wrong forum here. You DO NOT have a Power Mac, you have a Mac Pro, i.e. an Intel-CPU Mac. The last Power Mac had a PPC CPU (no Intel) and was built in 2006.

Yosemite does not run on Power Macs.

Surprising that the icredible BDAqua didn't catch that. 😉 (BDAqua, watch for my new post, in a few minutes, on kernel panics in my G5!)

Mar 2, 2015 2:13 PM in response to BDAqua

I fully understand, BDA, and I would expect it of you, being the helpful man that you are. 🙂

I just think that the less extraneous clutter in a forum, the less likely there will be posts by other stray posters in the forums.

The thing with Yosemite is that the beast is loaded with bugs and idiosyncrasies that Apple has not been able to fix yet. As we both know, Apple usually doesn't get a major new release even halfway right until the dot five update, and Yosemite is barely at 10.10.2, a very long way before 10.10.5 or 10.10.6.

Many pros at the Adobe Photoshop forums have been forced to downgrade to Mavericks as the only way to cope for now. 😝

mac 2008 with yosemite reboots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.