Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot open iOS garageband files on Mac

Read various threads; I have GB 2.0.6 on iOS (8.1.3, iPad 2) and OSX 10.0.3 on Mac (Yosemite) with iCloud installed and working mostly.

I can upload files from iOS GB, and their icons get a tiny cloud sigil, but I can't find them on iCloud website or locallly. There is no GB folder.

I set up iTunes to File-share GB, and I've shared several files. They show up in iTunes Apps>File Sharing>Garageband Documents, but again I can't find them or export them from iTunes.

In GB/Mac File>iCloud>Import GarageBand for iOS Song shows a window which says "No Songs"

Any Suggestions?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 12:40 PM

14 replies

Mar 2, 2015 1:28 PM in response to Pumpapa

I can upload files from iOS GB, and their icons get a tiny cloud sigil, but I can't find them on iCloud website or locallly. There is no GB folder.

That is how it is supposed to be, unfortunately.

GarageBand 10 accesses the GarageBand iOS files, that you share to iCloud, differently. They are not (yet) visible on iCloud Drive.

Use the File > iCloud menu in GarageBand 10 to access the GarageBand for iOS files.

User uploaded file

See this Help page to share your GarageBand iOS songs to iCloud: http://help.apple.com/garageband/ipad/2.0/index.html#chsdfe5c2c2

Mar 2, 2015 2:48 PM in response to Pumpapa

Earlier you said:

I set up iTunes to File-share GB, and I've shared several files. They show up in iTunes Apps>File Sharing>Garageband Documents, but again I can't find them or export them from iTunes.

Does the file sharing area in iTunes look like this?

What happens, when you simply drag the songs from the File Sharing area to your Desktop, or select a song and use the "Save to" button?

Did you share as a GarageBand song or an audio file?

User uploaded file

Mar 2, 2015 3:05 PM in response to léonie

Yeah (screenshot attached).

Partial success. There was something wrong with my iTunes credentials (US store instead of NL), which was the reason I couldn't drag files from iTunes to my desktop.

But now I am logged in ok, and have been able to drag a .band file to my desktop and have been able to import it into GB, so at least I can copy files from iOS to OSX GB (which was what I started out to do).

Still can't import them from iCloud (still shows No Songs) though.

Thanks very much for helping me.

User uploaded file

Mar 2, 2015 5:53 PM in response to Pumpapa

There was something wrong with my iTunes credentials (US store instead of NL),

Perhaps there is a mismatch of AppleIDs on your iPod touch and your mac? Are the region settings for the iCloud AppleID the same? Did you share the songs on your iPod touch using the same AppleID for iCloud as you are using now on your Mac? With all settings the same?

Oct 2, 2015 10:02 PM in response to Pumpapa

Okay, I'm really frustrated.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.10.5, GarageBand 10.1.0 on my Mac, and GarageBand 2.0.7 on my iPad.

On the iPad > Settings > iCloud, I'm logged in correctly. in iPad > Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive, iCloud Drive is turned on, as is GarageBand. In iPad > Settings > GarageBand, "Use iCloud" is turned on.

When I choose "Select" in GB on iPad, choose a file and select "Upload Song to iCloud," it appears to comply. After a minute of "Upload 1 song", everything returns to normal.

Then I kick over to GB on Mac, choose File > iCloud > Import Garageband for iOS Song... no songs. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. "No Songs," it says. "Please create a new song in GarageBand for iOS and ensure that iCloud is enabled," it says. Yeah, GB, thanks. I've done all that.

And I've been at this for about three hours, so it CAN'T be a matter of iCloud just not keeping up with me. The file's not terribly huge, and it's been THREE FREAKIN' HOURS. And I'm on broadband, so I KNOW latency can't be an issue.

What am I missing? I'm pretty desperate here. I've got to get this file over to Logic for a project TOMORROW and am at my wit's end. (Notice I use "wit" in the singular. 😉)

Cannot open iOS garageband files on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.