Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 4 camera quality bad

So I took my iPad 4 into the apple store today to get a replacement for various reasons, one being the quality of the camera. I have for the past two years been doing both photos and videos with the iPad during the day and night times. I noticed the other night that the video quality had fallen. There is this strange noise affect across the picture and sometimes there would be moving lines going across too. Now I thought getting a new iPad this would have solved the problem, but I have the exact same problem. I just don't get it I never had this problem before till just the other day with my old iPad. I know that different lighting can affect the sensor on the camera lens, but I can't understand why this noise happens.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 1:03 PM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2015 2:01 PM in response to Annarack

Hi there Annarack,

It sounds like your replacement iPad has the same camera issue that your previous iPad had. If you haven’t already, try ruling out any issues that may have carried over with a previous backup by restoring the device to factory settings as shown here:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

So long,

-Jason

iPad 4 camera quality bad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.