Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad mini will not turn on at all. Please Help!

Hello everyone, this morning i went to turn on my ipad mini and it would not turn on. I've tried plugging it in to both the wall and computer and leaving it there for around 30 minutes and still nothing, black screen. I've also tried holding the power and home button for 10 seconds or so and still nothing. Nothing happens when I plug it into my computer. The ipad is just about 2 years old now and i'm starting to think its just dead. But before i throw it out is there anything else i could try? Thanks to everyone who responds.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3, Will not turn on

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 3:15 PM

Try again to charge your iPad using the wall charger that came with it. Plug the charger into a known good wall outlet. Let it charge for at least 30 minutes then reset the iPad by pressing and holding both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

If the iPad restarts let it continue to charge until the battery is 100%. If the iPad does not restart make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support..

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2015 3:15 PM in response to DerpMan54

Try again to charge your iPad using the wall charger that came with it. Plug the charger into a known good wall outlet. Let it charge for at least 30 minutes then reset the iPad by pressing and holding both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

If the iPad restarts let it continue to charge until the battery is 100%. If the iPad does not restart make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support..

My ipad mini will not turn on at all. Please Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.