Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Map app not displaying correctly

I recently downloaded the most recent os 8.1.3 on my iphone 4s. Now the map app (apple default) doesn't display correctly. I only see the grid and my location dot in standard view, no street names or lines, no details whatsoever. This is affecting any app that uses the apple default (Zillow, trulia, etc). My husband has the exact same iphone 4s and he has the most current os and his map app works fine. I'm thinking that I should try to reload the most current os but since it is the most current, there doesn't seem to be an obvious way since all message are "you have the most current version". I could also try to download just the most recent version of the map app but since it is a default, I don't know how. Any suggestions?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3, map app not displaying correctly

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 12:21 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 1:30 PM in response to meedjmom

Hi meedjmom,

If you are having issues with your Maps application not displaying correctly, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPhone -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Map app not displaying correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.