Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my imac intel is frozen & closed padlocks after https!

I have 2 pages open. FB and another page. Mouse is working but nothing is clickable. Not even apple. I am in Safari. Please help!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Snow Leopard

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 12:45 PM

Hi fisaa,

It seems your Mac has frozen and you are unable to use certain elements. I would suggest using the Force Quit command. This will help you determine which app may be causing the problem. The following article will instruct you on how to use it:

Force an app to close on your Mac - Apple Support

To close an app normally, choose Quit from the app menu. If an app is unresponsive, you can force it to close using Force Quit:

1. Choose Force Quit from the Apple menu, or press Command-Option-Esc
    (this is similar to pressing Control-Alt-Delete on a PC).
  2. Select the unresponsive app in the Force Quit window, then click Force Quit.
    User uploaded file

Learn more

Generally, you shouldn't need to use Force Quit unless you can't close an app normally.

The Finder is an app that your Mac keeps open, so there isn't an option to quit or close this app. If the Finder becomes unresponsive, you can use Force Quit to relaunch it. Select Finder in the Force Quit window, then click Relaunch.

If none of your apps are responsive, you can force your computer to restart.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2015 12:45 PM in response to fisaa

Hi fisaa,

It seems your Mac has frozen and you are unable to use certain elements. I would suggest using the Force Quit command. This will help you determine which app may be causing the problem. The following article will instruct you on how to use it:

Force an app to close on your Mac - Apple Support

To close an app normally, choose Quit from the app menu. If an app is unresponsive, you can force it to close using Force Quit:

1. Choose Force Quit from the Apple menu, or press Command-Option-Esc
    (this is similar to pressing Control-Alt-Delete on a PC).
  2. Select the unresponsive app in the Force Quit window, then click Force Quit.
    User uploaded file

Learn more

Generally, you shouldn't need to use Force Quit unless you can't close an app normally.

The Finder is an app that your Mac keeps open, so there isn't an option to quit or close this app. If the Finder becomes unresponsive, you can use Force Quit to relaunch it. Select Finder in the Force Quit window, then click Relaunch.

If none of your apps are responsive, you can force your computer to restart.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

my imac intel is frozen & closed padlocks after https!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.