Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Vintage B3 and percussion

I have been searching the manual for the Vintage B3 but cannot find any way to disable the 1' drawbar when percussion is enabled. Since this is an established Hammond procedure, I am baffled as to why I can't find this option anywhere. It's bad enough that 'Morph' is turned on by default (what?), but it just does not sound right when the 1' drawbar stays on with percussion enabled. I hope that someone can tell me that I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Doug

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 7:28 AM

You need this for Jimmy's Blues 3+1?? ;-)

The Vintage B3 seems to have the 10th busbar to trigger the percussion. As a workaround: Put the registration with 1" on the B preset and the registration with percussion on the Bb preset. There's an option, that the percussion kicks in only on the Bb preset. That works great.

You might also file an ER on apple.com/feedback/.

Best,

DaCaptain

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2015 7:28 AM in response to dougb256

You need this for Jimmy's Blues 3+1?? ;-)

The Vintage B3 seems to have the 10th busbar to trigger the percussion. As a workaround: Put the registration with 1" on the B preset and the registration with percussion on the Bb preset. There's an option, that the percussion kicks in only on the Bb preset. That works great.

You might also file an ER on apple.com/feedback/.

Best,

DaCaptain

Mar 3, 2015 8:13 PM in response to DaCaptain

Thanks for the response! I filed an ER. This was an option on every other soft-B3 that I've used - EVB-3, GSI's VB-3 and NI's B4. Not sure that I can use the preset option you suggested, as I'm using a Novation Impulse 61-key controller. Maybe if I can figure out a way to map the presets to the pads, now that would be cool!

Mar 4, 2015 6:08 AM in response to DaCaptain

I am "old school", so the sliders are my drawbars. Morph will not be used; the first time I hit the mod wheel and got this very weird sound. Found out that 'Morph' was assigned to the mod wheel. Uh, what vintage Hammond B3 has a morph feature? Cool for a synth, definitely not cool for organ IMHO. But if I can assign presets to the pads, that's close enough :-)

Thanks again!

Problem with Vintage B3 and percussion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.