Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GUYS, HAVE U EVER IN THIS SITUATION

On 13th Feb, my Macpro retina was working absolutely fine and then it suddenly SHUT DOWN after I click on the trash icon. When I came to Apple Store in Bullring in Birmingham, they said I had to leave my Macbook there as they afraid something wrong with the HD (I tried to reboot but no HD shown up). Then after few days, they called me and said this; " YOUR HD HAS BEEN BROKEN INTO 2 PIECES and if u want to fix it u will have to pay £500 to replace it. I came to the store immediately, they shown me the picutres, IT WAS SNAPPED INTO 2 FREAKING PIECES ! I said there was no way I was stupid to break it because I havent backup all my files, I lost all the pictures along with my Uni works. Long story short, I took my baby home and called the customer service. They said it was the first time they have heard sth like that. And told me to go to the store to check again.

The backstore manager was ******* rude, he raised his voice everytime he was talking to me. However, the problem is because my boyfriend has his Macbook fixed before in store but with no copy of authorisation and they accused him of violating the warranty and made up evidence that HE WENT TO THE STORE, ******* OPEN HIS MACBOOK AND POINTED THAT HE HAS CHANGED THE HD WITH THE THIRD PARTY HD ??? THEREFORE, THEY ACCUSED HIM OF SWAPPING MY HD WITH HIS. But when we proved to them the HD of both macbooks are the ORIGINAL one, the manager's voice was down and he tried to smile but in the end, NOTHING HAS BEEN SOLVED. I called the customer service again, they told me "WE THINK YOUR BOYFRIEND HAS SHOWN UP WITH THE 3rd PARTY HD AND THEN PUT IT BACK AND IT MIGHT BE THE SAME CASE WITH YOUR MACBOOK", I told him " ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR, WHY DID YOU MERGE THE CASES TOGETHER LIKE THAT", they say they have evidence but when I asked for evidence they keep saying they could not show me. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS MY MACBOOK WAS OPENED FOR THE FIRST TIME AND MY HD WAS BROKEN !!! I told them WHY THEY CAN'T IDENTIFY IF IT WAS OPENED FOR THE FIRST TIME, THEY KEEP AVOIDING TO ASNWER MY QUESTION !!!!! Now my macbook was there, ******* die and I can't blame anyone for it ??? I'm not STUPID and cheap to do that trick just to have it FREE FIX !!!! I JUST HAVE IT FOR 6 months and now I have to pay have of the price of my baby just because someone broke my HD ??? Please HELP !!! I'm so desperate 😟 I'm innocent but all the evidence they have I think they can make up and I can't access to any evidence they have !

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), BROKEN HD ???

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 12:21 PM

11 replies

Mar 2, 2015 12:51 PM in response to my ginger

I have talked to the customer service but the answers I received is "WE CANNOT HELP YOU AS THE EVIDENCE SHOWN CLEARLY" and I aske what evidence, show me the evidence, show me the CCTV the day when my bf came and pointed that, show me everything you got. They told me they can't and I said, the only evidence I have here is my Macbook, you only hear from the store, you did not see the CCTV, you only heard they told you "We has seen the CCTV".

Even when I came to the store, I told them I can identified 4 CCTV and I told them have you really looked, they said yes, we have somebody else looked at it, I said are you sure, they hesitated and said yes. The evidence is not clear, all are provided by the store and the customer service just heard 1 side.

Mar 2, 2015 1:24 PM in response to Emipei283

Hi. It would seem they think your boyfriend swapped drives, with or without you knowledge, and then swapped them back. The most you could do is continue to complain with the hopes that they will resolve it. There is one UK number listed that may help , but I cannot say as a certain. 0800-028-2349 Since the drive is removable you might have to just purchase another one and install it yourself. You should still be able to use internet recovery to reinstall.

Mar 2, 2015 1:38 PM in response to my ginger

But they have no evidence to say that and I dont know why they merge this case together. My bf is not stupid to break my HD and put it in. I can prove by bf innocent with the fingerprints. However, I'm afraid that the store have someone else fingerprints so when I show up with the fingerprints, they will say you get your Mac fixed from the 3rd Party. I dont know why they do this to me. But obviously, they could not even show they evidence they did not break it so why do I have to prove my self to them and why they have the right to suspect my boyfriend ??? I just hate the way they deal with the problem, cocky, tricky and very racist. All I want is the correct answer, I dont mind paying but I need to know who has done this as all my files are in there and nothing has been back up 😟

GUYS, HAVE U EVER IN THIS SITUATION

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.