Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Gift Card and Credit Card

I've read a lot of post, looked at videos on it and none of these have helped me with my problem. My Itunes won't allow me to remove my credit card and just recently what remained on my gift card balance. In fact I logged out and logged back in and now that money is gone when I still had money on it. The reason I reset my account was one, it was suggested but the original problem was because despite having money on said account it kept going back to the credit card to charge the payment to.

Please help. I've done the whole account and tried to remove the credit card. It won't let me. I've tried resetting which put me in my current situation. And I'd really like to know how to remove a credit card. That would be really helpful too.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 1:54 PM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 11:03 PM in response to KrimsonRayne

On your Mac's iTunes you should be able to edit your payment info by going into the Store > View Account menu option and logging into your account, and on your account's details page there should be a payment link.

Changing payment info : Change or remove your payment information from your iTunes Store account (Apple ID) - Apple Support

If you don't get the 'none' option on the payment details screen : Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

For no longer having a balance on your account, check your account's purchase history (which you can do via the Store > View Account menu option) : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Problems with Gift Card and Credit Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.