Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my "find my iPhone" app says "old location"

my "find my iPhone" app says "old location" in regards to the location of my iphone. does that mean phone can't be tracked if the phone is off or charge is lost?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 3:38 PM

old location would be the last spot it was located at, since then one of three things could have happened-

phone ran out of battery

phone was turned off

phone was moved to somewhere where there is no service

at iCloud.com there is also an option for email me when device is located you can use as well as an option to put into lost mode

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2015 3:38 PM in response to shagzoo

old location would be the last spot it was located at, since then one of three things could have happened-

phone ran out of battery

phone was turned off

phone was moved to somewhere where there is no service

at iCloud.com there is also an option for email me when device is located you can use as well as an option to put into lost mode

Mar 3, 2015 2:13 PM in response to shagzoo

Hey there shagzoo,

I see that you are having an issue with your iOS device regarding Find my iPhone. I have an article for you that outlines some troubleshooting steps for this issue and can help address your question:

iCloud: Troubleshooting Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204233

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

-Braden

my "find my iPhone" app says "old location"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.