Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to send a group text message to more than 10 recepients?

Is it possible to send a group text message to more than 10 recipients? I called AT&T tech support and they said the phone's software limits group messages to no more than 10.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 3:06 PM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2015 3:29 PM in response to Art of NY

Apple does not explain why it makes the choices it does, nor will you get a response

from Apple on this forum. You can make Apple aware of your thoughts at

www.apple.com/feedback Your message will be read, but not answered.

AFAIK, there is no way to increase the limit of the native app. Use a 3rd party app if that

function is important to you. Others have expressed similar frustration in the past and

have chosen another app to fill their needs.

Nov 11, 2015 9:47 AM in response to imobl

frustration with this group text limitation on the iPhone... apple should make a change ASAP on this otherwise will loose customers that are loyal to having iPhones.. I am now considering to go a android do to this limitation and my co-workers do not have this problem with their phones... APPLE PLEASE HELP YOUR CUSTOMER OUT WITH THIS LIMITATION NOT GOOD FOR BUSSINESS!!!!

Is there a way to send a group text message to more than 10 recepients?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.